Just For Fun
Whitehorse Recreational Co-ed Soccer is a non-competitive recreational league for adults (18 and over) that has been running since 1999. Whether you join for outdoor or indoor, you'll meet many people, get lots of exercise, and have loads of fun. We typically put on one social event each season as well. Plus, you get a glamorous T-shirt for your registration fee. Our outdoor season starts in May, the indoor season in October.
- A friendly, recreational atmosphere
- Equal time on the field for all players
- No contact or rough play
- Engineered teams
- Team shirt with logo
- No fitness or experience necessary
- Web and e-mail administration
- Partial indoor season rates
2019 Outdoor Season
- Games are every Monday and Thursday.
- Games will be played on the two fields behind Vanier Catholic Secondary School in Riverdale.
- Games will go from 8:00-9:30 pm
- Drop-in games, open to anyone age 18 or more, will be held on Thursday, May 23 and Monday, May 27 at 8:00 pm.
- The regular schedule for registered players will start on Monday, May 30.
Registration is now closed for the summer! Contact the league executive if you are still interested in playing.
The Whitehorse Star featured the league in an article! Travis and Ehab from the Blue team were quoted for the story and an awesome action shot from the game between Black and Blue was included. The article was published on January 10th.
...the emphasis is on learning the game, building a skill set and making new friends.
- The Whitehorse Star
It’s about having fun so I enjoy encouraging both teams.
- Ehab Alhag Hussen
...a good mix of skilled players and new players...
- The Whitehorse Star
I feel like I’ve come a long way and the better players make you better.
- Travis McCallum
End of 2018 - 2019 Indoor Season
The second half of the indoor season has finished!
At our suggestion, the Canada Games Centre has again scheduled adult drop-in (age 18+), every Wednesday and Sunday from 7:30 to 9:00, for as long as people are interested.
You Must Have A Wristband To Play
Games will be played using our league's small nets, balls, pinnies and rules. If you are telling friends who haven't played in our league, make sure they realize these are recreational games where there are no awards for making shots at 90 km/h or scoring eight goals single-handed.